Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pleasure of beep beep beep...

I spent half a day scanning. No - not the progressive scanning of data sets or the body scan in airports- just plain simple scanning of barcode. You know the beep beep beeps.

This job is incredibly satisfying. It does not involve coordinating the calendars of eight people, I do not have to drill down the pros and cons of scanning or get the buy-in before scanning the next item, (and before scanning the item after that) and I dont have to agonize myself about telling people how rotten their idea is, and where they should shove it - without using the word rotten or shove... and with the word like:) Just the pure simple pleasure of hearing the beep beep beep.

As jobs go, this one is incredibly rewarding and feedback cycle is unbelieavable. All I need is a reassuring beep to say, 'Yes. That is another task executed well... now lets move on to the next one.

A couple of hours of this and I would have applied for a position in Wal-Mart. But it was too good to last. I was fired from the job for being too slow :(

No comments: